Escaping the cold for the winter and heading to sunny skies and warm weather in Hawaii? Well, we’ve got a great list of fun activities to keep your spirit merry when spending the holidays in Hawaii!
Activities to get you in the ho-ho-holiday spirit!
1. Visit the Honolulu City Lights located in the heart of Honolulu. Take in the extravagant holiday decorations on various Christmas trees and snap a few photos to commemorate a warm Hawaiian Christmas! Purchase special souvenirs and t-shirts as gifts for friends and family! The Honolulu City Lights is an annual event that happens all month long from December 1 through January 1, open from 8AM-11PM. Visitors and residents come in crowds to experience this popular attraction. This is a great attraction for ohana (family) and keiki (kids).
Great tips: Free parking is available at the Fasi Municipal Building. If you don’t want to stroll through the crowds, you could park at Ward Shopping Center and take a ride through downtown and experience Honolulu City Lights on the Holiday Lights Trolley Tour!
For more information, check out their website: http://www.honolulucitylights.org/
2. Skate your heart away at the Ward Winter Village Ice Rink, a new attraction just introduced in 2015! What’s so special about this ice rink? Its located OUTDOORS in Hawaii! Amazing right?! Want to experience a true authentic ice rink, but don’t want to freeze your toes off? This could be a great event for you! Skate with family, friends, or lovers! The twinkling lights surrounding the rink gives off a romantic vibe that’s sure to get you a kiss under the mistletoe! For $15 per 1.5 hours, you can skate your heart away! They’re open from November 27 through January 10th, so hurry and get your ice skates on!
Great tips: They only allow 120 skaters per screening and it’s on a first-come, first-serve basis.
3. Enjoy live entertainment at the Holiday Mele on Waikiki Beachwalk featuring great artists from December 19 – December 25 6PM – 7PM! Looking for something free to do? This is a great way to dance to some Hawaiian music in Waikiki!
4. Check out the amazing holiday-themed sand sculptures at the Sheraton in Waikiki! Intricately sculpted, these sandy pieces of art are only here until January 3! The picture above is named “Santa’s Selfie”!
5. Ring in the new year with fireworks viewing! Here are some great spots we recommend for great fireworks shows: Waikiki New Year’s Fireworks starting at 11:55PM lasting for 10-12 minutes (grab a spot on the sand at Waikiki Beach for a great view) and Ko Olina New Year’s Lagoon Fireworks starting at 11:55PM.
We hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!